Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Trauma Intervention Programs (TIP) of San Diego, Inc. TIP is looking for compassionate individuals who want to assist in serving our community.
Due to the high-sensitivity of work involved with the program, all volunteers must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Clean criminal history (complete background investigation will be performed including fingerprints)
- Clean driving record
- Current auto insurance
- Commit to (3) 12-hour shifts per month
- Attend monthly Continuing Education meetings
- Own a cellular telephone to use on shift
- Attend 36-hour training academy plus three-month field training meeting
- Regular access to computer/email/internet
TIP Training Academy North County Inland October 2017
TIP Training Academy East County May 2017 Heartland Fire - Lemon Grove Station 10
Interested in learning more about becoming a volunteer? Complete our INTEREST FORM to be contacted by our staff with more information and to answer any questions.
To start the application process, please complete the following steps:
- Complete and submit the online application.
Submit the $45 academy registration fee:
- Pay the $45 academy registration fee using the PayPal link on the application confirmation page.
- Mail $45 check or money order ONLY (please do not send cash) to:
Trauma Intervention Programs of San Diego, Inc.
4140 Oceanside Blvd.
Oceanside, CA 92056
Other Ways to Become Involved
If you or your organization would like to become a financial supporter, we'd be happy to speak with you!
Please contact us or call us at 855-TIPSD-HELP.